// -->

STORY: FACES (Chapter-1)


Present

People say saying the truth to yourself is more difficult than telling the same truth to others. to be honest, it's just a lie. How can it ever, be easier to tell the one you love that you've lied to them, that the promises you made about being honest were just lies, said for the sake of love. Why? Because we were never aware that our crime, will one day, be looking at us, laughing on the ashes of our broken promises.
He was always right, our love is always on fire, the only difference now is, this time, the fire wanted to burn us.

“What the fuck are you saying? Look I don’t like such jokes.” Rahul is furious. He is angry with Trisha’s stupid joke. But is it really a joke?
“I’m not lying” replies Trisha.
“What the hell is wrong with you? I’m calling Tish right now. I’m done with this joke.”
Rahul picks his phone and dials Tish’s number.
*The number you have dialed can’t be reached.*
He tries again in frustration.
*Ringing…*
Trisha cuts the phone call.

July 1, 2016

Trisha, she was a powerful business woman who was very well aware of how to get her work done, even without talking much. She was one of the most bad-ass women in the market. Owning India’s number 1 software solutions company, she was a fiery queen.
She was bold, blunt and was selfish, which she admitted with grace, in an interview. But what was mysterious about her, was the fact that she was an introvert. A woman with a show case full of awards, who deals with hundreds of people every day, had no one in her life, somehow she wasn’t even interested in having someone.
Trisha had a business meeting in Delhi, and unlike others, she decided to reach early. She was a perfectionist when it comes to work and because her company was hosting the meeting, she wanted to make sure everything was perfect. After all, perfectionism was exactly what she was most famous for. Its a basic human tendency that when we meet a person who have a habit to do everything right, we carelessly puts them under the category of “perfectionists”, or the so called “Know-it-alls” regardless of caring about the reason behind their habit. May be they do it because they are scared of doing things wrong, may be they are afraid to answer why its wrong.

Trisha settled on her seat in the flight, she hardly noticed anyone around and pulled her book out of her handbag, placed it in front of her face and started reading.
She was an introvert, and thus, she hardly ever used to talk to those she knows, and when someone doesn’t talk to known people, how can that person ever talk to a stranger? Her books was her escape from such situations.
She had a habit of trying to read something every time she falls under an awkward situation.
Every time she feels nervous, her eyes always tries to find something to read, whether it’s a book, a banner or a person.
“The House at Sea’s End. Is it any good?” A man sitting next to Trisha asked.
Trisha first thought about ignoring him, but later replied when he commented, “I can guess by the name that it must be lame. House at sea’s end, will definitely get wasted when there’ll be flood. It’s a stupid idea, building a house there. So lame.”
“This is one of the best criminal thrillers ever. Read stuff before you comment on them.” Trisha replied angrily.
Her hairs were tied in a high messy bun. Her skin, flawless and glowing. She had a very fair complexion with a hint of rose undertone, her eyes were light brown, high cheekbones, and a perfect jawline. She was known to be, as the most beautiful female entrepreneur in the world.
As soon as Rahul, put his eyes on Trisha, it took him exactly 8 seconds to finally speak. No doubts Trisha counted the time.
“I… I knew if I’ll… umm… I’ll criticize the book you were so… so into, you’ll definitely reply.” He was strangled between his own words, dumbstruck by her beauty.
She senses quickly noticed the reason behind his mumbled words, after all, it wasn’t the first time someone started mumbling after being mesmerized by her beauty.
“Cheap trick.” She replied and started reading the book again.
Rahul was embarrassed on his behavior, he hit his head with his hand in a dramatic way. “Are you stupid?” He said to himself in a low voice.
“I’m sorry. It’s just that I’m really talkative and I have this habit of talking to people. I usually travels in economic class, as there are just so many people and it definitely gets easier to talk to people. I love the sound of kids laughing, people talking.”
Trisha smiles from behind the book, she was covering her face with.
“I’m really sorry.”
“Its okay.” She was trying to ignore to talk, but was amused by his idea of travelling in economy. “Who likes the sound of everyone talking? It’s purely noise” she said.
“Oh I do. It’s so difficult for me to stop talking. By the way I’m Rahul, Rahul Kapoor. Naam to suna hi hoga?” Rahul extended his hand towards Trisha, with a friendly smile.
Trisha put her book down on her lap and shook hands with Rahul.
“Isn’t that Salman Khan’s name in Kuch Kuch hota hai?” Trisha asks in an amusing tone.
“Umm… Shahrukh Khan. He is my God, who teaches you the best romance? It’s SRK. No doubts. Bow down before the king.” Rahul bows.
“Haha… so why business class?”
“Wow! You have a pretty smile, my lady. And business because I have to attend a business meeting in Delhi. I was already late and this was the only flight and the only seat my staff could arrange.”
“Uhh… business meeting? Where?”
“In Gurgaon. You must have heard of Softpick Pro.”
“Are you an entrepreneur?” Trisha asks in excitement. She was both surprised and tensed with her behavior. ‘How can I be so interested in talking to a stranger?’ A question that occurred after every reply of hers to him.
“Not an entrepreneur, but I’m the CEO at YBS Solutions. I’ve heard the boss of that company is pretty hot, but she is arrogant though. I still don’t know how she looks. It’s fascinating actually, I mean I love business women, they are sexy, smart and that’s so hot. Wait. How am I not aware of this woman? She is the most beautiful female entrepreneur and I have no clue about how she looks. Oh yes, I got it. I don’t give a shit because she is arrogant and I don’t like arrogant people. I mean she literally said on an interview that all she cares, is herself and she proudly admitted that she is selfish on national television. And people still love her. Who does that?”
Trisha was silently hearing him with an amusing smile on her face, she was continuously thinking about how can a CEO be so talkative that he is continuously talking to her without caring the fact that the one he is talking to, haven’t said a single word.
“Ugh! I’m sorry I’m continuously talking about this woman you must not have any idea about. Actually I think you do, what was her name? Disha? No, Misha? No… No… yeah, its Trisha, Trisha Malhotra. I think everyone knows her except me. Madam Miss. ‘I’m Selfish’ “ He quoted with his hands in air and continued, “I mean ugh! My company has sent me to work with this lady that I completely hates.”
“Work. Uhaa!”
“Yeah! My company and her company are merging, I mean she is taking over our company and how I have to check all the paperwork and stuff with her, and in fact, I have to work under her. As my boss insisted her to not change the CEO. I know why he did that, it’s because he didn’t wanted our employees to work under her dictatorship. Well whatever, let’s leave her topic, BTW you haven’t said anything about yourself. What is your name, beautiful lady?”
“Trisha, Trisha Malhotra. I’m the one you were hating on from last 32.7 minutes.” She replied checking her wrist watch.

What was the crime Trisha was so afraid to tell Rahul about? Who was Tish? And if Rahul hated Trisha so much, why did Trisha said 'the one you love'? Was this love true? Or was it all just a game? 

Read the Next chapter.

14 comments