// -->

OUR FIRST LOVE, THE FIRST MEETING. (Part-4)


....."Hello" Naina said in a shivery tone. She was scared, the thoughts of Rivan being ill or had some accident took over her mind, as he said 'hello' she expected Rivan to bring life into her dead words. She wanted to know whether he was fine or not?

"Naina, I need to talk to you. Can we please meet this evening, something around 7?" He completed in a single breath.
His voice relieved Naina, she was so relieved that she didn't even notice the change in Rivan's behaviour. His tone wasn't so usual, after all.
"Yeah, 7 it is."
"Ok, I'll meet you there." Rivan's voice was stone cold. Naina felt awkward, even after hearing the tension in her voice, Rivan never asked the reason behind it. It never happened before.
"Baby are you al....." before she could complete her sentence, Rivan disconnected the call. 
Naina for once was sad and angry, but her love for Rivan reminded her that he loves her more than anything, and so he won't ever ignore her unless there is a solid reason.


She tried to think positively. Rivan's sudden call got her thinking that maybe Rivan had planned a special evening for them. 
She picked her prettiesr dress out of her wardrobe. She wanted to look her best for him. 

*SAME DAY, 6:30 P.M.*

Naina was all ready in her blue dress and black stilettos, all that was left was Rivan's favourite perfume. She didn't like dressing up much but for him, she always made sure she was prepared. 
She booked a cab and called Rivan to inform that she was on her way.

Rivan opened the door of his black SUV, tired after work he din't stop outside to wait for Naina, but directly marched inside the restaurant. He sat at the same place they were sitting the first time they met. 
He glanced outside the glass window, Naina's face and the memory of kissing her for the very first time, captured his mind. The image of them kissing each other under the rain, brought with it a smile on his face.
He picked up his phone and was about to call Naina when his eyes spotted her, she was getting out of her cab.
Rivan's jaw dropped, looking at her walking towards him he was having a hard time trying to get back to normal. Naina gave him a naughty smile and said "I know, looking too hot, right? It's all for you." 
And Rivan couldn't stop but smile like a complete stupid. 
For a moment he thought of taking her home, and live out all the fantasies he had dreamt of, but Naina's voice pulled him out of his dreams. And so, he realized what he really came for. 
He reached for Naina's hand, she gave him a polite smile. Her smile made him nervous, and his grip tightened.
"I need to tell you something." He gulped as he finished the sentence, Naina could feel that there was something wrong. She put her hand on his and asked, "Rivan, is everything alright? You are behaving really odd. Is something bothering you?"
Her words made him even more terrified. Ignoring to look into her eyes, he stared at the wooden table. 
"I got a promotion, I'm being sent to U.S. as a head journalist." His voice was trembling, but she couldn't catch it. For her, it was something to be happy about.
"Oh my God! I'm so happy for you. Your dream is finally about to get completed."
"I wanna break up with you." Rivan said with a straight face, looking into her eyes.
Naina's excitement was suddenly turned into sadness. She was shocked to hear what Rivan said, for a moment neither of them talked, they just looked at each other. 
Inside Naina's mind, she was hoping for him to burst into laughter and tell her that it was just a joke, but his expressions made her believe otherwise.
Rivan's face was straight, there wasn't even a single expression. His cold eyes were staring into Naina's eyes, they were brimming with tears.
She bursted into tears, placing her hands on her face, she was trying to escape from the moment. But was that possible? No, it wasn't and she knew it.
Rivan didn't even move but his eyes were full of tears. How could he see the love of his life crying? 
She wiped her tears and looked at Rivan, she was angry but his teary eyes stopped her from saying anything that could possibly hurt him. 
Rivan was trying hard to control his tears from shedding, but Naina's swollen eyes were making him feel weaker. 
"Why Rivan? So what if you have to go to U.S? We can still be together, right? We can call each other, chat on skype, we can be together, it'll be like a long distance relationship."
With every single word that left her mouth, there was a sob accompanying it.
"Please don't go, please don't do this. You know I can't live without you, please." 
She was pleading him to not to go, thinking that may be now is the time he'll tell her that it was just a joke. She kept wiping her tears but the tears weren't ready to go. His silence was a proof that it wasn't a joke but the sad reality.
Rivan was trying to speak, but he knew the moment he'll open his mouth, the tears will depart from his eyes and he wasn't ready to look weak.
"Speak something damn it, please." Naina yelled at him, all the eyes in the cafe turned towards the two, but neither of them cared. Revolving inside the tornado of their own dilemmas, the situation wasn't right to care about what others think.
"Naina." Rivan collected his courage as he continued, "I need to focus on my work. It's not as if I don't love you, I do, I love you more than anything, but I don't trust myself. I'm gonna be out of the country, away from you for 4 long years Naina. I don't trust myself that I can love you for so long, without having you by my side."
"So basically because you can't touch me, or kiss me or have sex with me for 4 years, you'll lost interest in me? You won't love me anymore?" The anger in her voice was obvious. The guy she thought loved her soul more than her body, was at last, just the way all the guys were. She was just a mere means of flesh he could have sex with. 
But it wasn't the truth.
Listening to her poignant words, Rivan was unable to stop his tears any longer, and so a tear drop made its way down from his eyes. And that tear drop was enough to make Naina realize, how hurtful her words were. 
"I love 'you' not your 'body', believe me, I'm just scared, I don't wanna hurt you. I can't lie to you. I know you love me, but I am a human and I have needs. I can control but I don't know, may be I can't or might not want to. I don't know. I just don't know."
The sentence, 'I am a human and I have needs' was enough to make her stand up from her chair and leave. 
"Naina, I am sorry." Rivan said holding her hand but she shrugged his hand off.
As she was walking towards the cafe's door, she decided to never turn back no matter how many times Rivan called her. She never looked back, not even for once.

Luckily, the cab arrived in few seconds, she sat in the cab and for the very last time, she looked at Rivan. He was sitting with his head on his hands.

Naina was trying not to cry, she kept gazing outside the window. Looking at her swollen red eyes, the cab driver asked if she was fine, she replied with "Hmm." 
She was broken, her heart was shattered into millions of pieces, but she was trying to stay strong. Looking at her broken inside, the old friend returned. It started raining. Naina unable to hold her tears, started crying. The rain reminded her of their first date. 
She was crying so bad, it felt as if the thunder outside was explaining what she was feeling in her heart. There was a volcano of emotions erupting inside her. It was a mess everywhere. 
Rivan's voice telling her that he wanted to break up, was haunting her mind. All she could hear was his words, "I want to break up with you. I have needs." 
She covered her ears by her hands trying to block the voices. They could've been blocked, if they were coming from outside, but the voices were coming from her brain, the brain who was reminding her what she lost.
She had a broken heart and her soul was dead.

--THE END.--

4 comments