// -->

A letter to the future me.


Dear Future me,
I know things are different now, I know you’ve changed and I know somewhere deep, you are still the same me.
I just wanna remind you, that there was a time, when you were all alone, things were different, bad to be precise. Yes, those situations weren’t as big, as of the situations now but were you this grown up then? Were you this wise, then? You weren’t right? So now when you are, why back down?
Have you ever tried to count what you’ve earned so far? If you aren’t doing that, please do. Is our bucket list all ticked? Are you done with all the stuff, I wanted to do? I hope you are, I’m sure you are done with them.
I think you are still the same, the same laughter because you can’t smile, those big eyes you were in love with, that dream world of yours that you keep trying to hide, because you knew it won’t be true. I think you still talk to yourself, you do right? I know you do.
Are you changed? I don’t want you to change. I feel scared of change you know that.
I know you still cry in the dark, I know you are in trouble, I know things aren’t feeling right, that’s why you are reading me now. It’ll be fine, I promise.
Remember the time you lost everything? The time you had to pick yourself up, all by yourself because there was no one behind you. The time you stood up on your own feet, the time you learnt how to fight.
Can’t you fight now? You can. You just have to believe yourself, you know your worth. You are strong, you are a fighter, who fights till he succeeds.
You can’t run from the field, you were a baby when you started fighting, when as a baby, you won, why do you think you can’t win now.
You’ve been through situations, yes the magnitude of those problems were smaller than this, but you were smaller too and you still conquered every fight in your life. You were always the happy one, where did your smile go now?
You just have to find yourself again, it may seems difficult but it isn’t and you know that. You’ve done this before, you can do it again.
Don’t let these voices stopping you, from being what you are. I know you can’t be me again but you can be yourself, and what you are, is the grown up version of me. I know you can do this, I know you will. Because I believe in you and now, you have to believe in yourself.
You are a warrior and a warrior doesn’t leave the battle field before winning. So fight till you win it. Because you are special, you are strong, you are wise and you are grown, don’t you ever forget that.

P.S. I love you and I always will.

9 comments