// -->

STORY: FACES (Chapter-5) The naked truth.

Read Chapter 4


Where am I?” Trisha found herself lying beside a man.
I told you. I’m gonna fuck you. I do what I say, you are mine, bitch.” Vedant replied.

Rahul wiggled Trisha’s hand and she woke up from her nightmare.
When she finally gained her consciousness she saw her wrist been bandaged. Trisha thanked Rahul and he replied with a warm smile.

Months passed and the love between the two “not-so-perfect partners” blossomed.
They both knew that they’ve fallen for each other but somehow, their feelings never made their way out to their mouths in the form of words.
'I’m planning to propose Trisha.' Rahul texted Tish.
'OMG seriously? Wow'

Tish’s excitement was exactly what Rahul needed to get motivated. 2 minutes before, he was outside Trisha’s apartment, collecting his strength, to confess his feelings for her. But now, the mist was gone and it all seemed crystal clear. It was time to say what he felt for her, it was time for him to pour his heart in front of the girl he loved the most.
Rahul knocked the door in nervousness, the thoughts of ‘how to say it’, ‘is this the right time time?’ kept making him more nervous but as soon as Trisha opened her door with a smile, Rahul was sure about it, he sat on his knees, with a ring in his hand.
“I love you Trisha, I really love you. I don’t know how I fell for you, I mean you were everything I never thought I would ever want, but then, that day when I saw you crying, the moment you hugged me, I just felt like a different person. All the hatred and doubts that I had for you, they just went away and all that I wanted to do at that time, was to protect you and be there for you.
I just falls in love with you every single moment that I spend with you, every moment when you look into my eyes and smile. I know you aren’t the kind of person, people think you are and I know I am the only one you can be yourself with. And to be honest it’s the same with me, with you, I want to be responsible I want to make you happy, I want to make you smile. I just love you the way I never loved anyone else. I just want to spend my whole life with you.
I never thought that I’ll propose someone just within just few months, but I’m too selfish to let you go, I don’t want to regret being late because I know I love you. I just want you to be with me, only me and nobody else. Just… just please be mine. Please be mine, forever.”

Rahul’s words melted Trisha’s heart and the warm tears in her eyes was the answer to his question. It was a yes. Trisha hugged Rahul and kissed him right there on the entrance of her apartment without saying anything. Somehow, words weren’t really needed.
Both the ‘imperfects’ were so much into the kiss that Rahul even forgot to put his ring in Trisha’s finger.

As soon as the two lovers reached Trisha’s bedroom, Rahul broke the kiss and placed the ring box on the side table in Trisha’s room. And started kissing her again. The two made love that night.
Who knows how two people will meet? Who knows what destiny will lead them to? Rahul was completely different from Vedant or Trisha herself. And Trisha? She was someone Rahul never thought of falling in love with.
She was the most imperfect, to his perfect. And he was everything she thought, she will never love. But destiny, destiny has its own game, what seems so obvious, is never that obvious.
Next morning, Trisha woke up with a blush on her face, she grabbed Rahul’s T-shirt which was kept on the side table and realized the ring Rahul gave her last night, wasn’t there. Her eyes tried to find Rahul everywhere in the room but he wasn’t there.

She went out of the room and saw Rahul sitting on the chair with a newspaper in his hand. Trisha slightly slipped her arms around his neck, and whispered in his ears, the lyrics of the song being played on her stereo system “I’ve loved you for a thousand years.”
“I’ll love you for a thousand more” Rahul completed and gently pressed his lips against hers.

The two spent the whole day together at Trisha’s home, Rahul cooked for Trisha and decorated the house with candles and white roses, Trisha’s favorite.
When Trisha entered the house after a small meeting, she was awestruck by her view, the ring Rahul forgot to put in her finger, was in his hand now. She walked towards him through the path that he made for her by candles and he slipped the ring in her finger. They both danced and then were having dinner when Trisha’s phone rang from inside the room. Trisha entered the room and saw a notification in Rahul’s phone.
Oh yes! I love you too.’ The text from Tish said.
Suddenly, the fairy tale finally came to reality. Trisha stood their frozen as ice, she was in shock when she saw Tish’s message on Rahul’s phone. She was unable to process what was happening, she tried to speak but no voice came out of her throat.
Trisha sat on the bed with her head in her hands, the image of the text kept flashing in her head. She rushed towards the mirror and looked at herself, “Tish, what should we do now? How do he know you?” she asked Tish.
Tell the truth” she answered herself. Tish knew if Trisha will tell Rahul about her other personality, Rahul will leave her, and that was exactly what Tish wanted. How can one let oneself be someone else?
When Trisha didn’t came out of the room, Rahul went to the bedroom to check her. He entered the room and saw Trisha talking to herself in the mirror.
Babe?” Rahul asked in concern.
Trisha looked at him and started crying. She fell on her knees and showed Rahul his phone.
When Rahul looked at his phone he tried to convince Trisha about his relationship with Tish, but what he was about to know, was something out of his imaginations.
Trisha looked at Rahul and told him that she was Tish. Rahul looked at Trisha’s face astounded by her words and later started laughing, “You were with me this time. Bad joke baby.” Trisha tried to convince Rahul that the message was delivered late because of weak network but it only made Rahul angry. To prove her wrong, he called Tish’s number and the other phone in Trisha’s hand started ringing. Rahul felt his heart, broken. There fairy tale was burning in front of his eyes and he was unable to save it.
Trisha explained Rahul about everything. She explained him how her alter-ego Tish, was good and was just helping her in living a happy life just like Tish helped Rahul.
It all seemed crazy to Rahul, but he truly loved Trisha and so, he believed it, at least in front of her. He knew she was going through some mental problem.
So after that day, Rahul started noticing every single thing Trisha used to do. From her mood swings to sleeping patterns to the difference in her attitude and to how common her hallucinations were. For Rahul, it was nothing but his biggest nightmare, the girl he loved with all his heart, wasn’t even her completely.

Every single night, he used to check internet regarding Trisha’s psychological problem and one day, he finally found a same case, similar to Trisha’s. Rahul booked his appointment with a Psychiatrist named Poonam Mukherjee, ‘She is one of the best’ the patient who posted his journey claimed. Suddenly, Rahul’s hope for saving Trisha, started feeling alive.

Next day, at 2:15 in the afternoon Rahul parked his car outside Dr. Mukherjee’s clinic.
“What place is this? What are we doing at a psychiatrist, baby?” Trisha asked in confusion.
Babe, you are going through a psychological disorder, I’ve been reading about all of this since the day you told me about your condition.” Rahul replied, holding her hands in his.
What condition? What are you talking about? Do you mean I’m crazy?” For the first time in almost a year long relationship, Trisha talked to Rahul in such a loud voice. But Rahul knew it wasn’t Trisha, it was Tish talking.
Baby. I love you. Please. At least we can just check.” Rahul hugged Trisha.
Rahul’s hug worked like magic on her and she immediately approved to go.

Dr. is she alright?” Rahul asked hoping her to tell him that whatever was happening with him and Trisha was nothing but a big joke. But the truth is, it wasn’t a joke and he knew it.
How long is this happening from?”
“She told me Tish came to protect her ever since she lost her father. It’s been 6 years. She was in severe depression that time and then she started hearing these voices and seeing a girl who looks exactly like her.”
Tish has a deep mark in her personality. No doubts, it has done well to her till now, but it can do harm too. It can harm you or her or someone else.” Dr. Poonam said adjusting her glasses.
What do you mean by harm doctor? She is safe right? Tish cares for her how can she hurt my Trisha?” Rahul was desperate for answers, he wanted to know if Trisha was safe.
She is suffering from Schizophrenia, Rahul. As you’ve told me, her father was her mentor. So when she lost him, she was in depression, that’s when she created Tish. She used to think she was weak and she had to have someone to guide her, and thus, she created Tish. Have you ever noticed how some kids give identity to their toys and think they are alive? She is doing the same. She felt she had no friend, which she actually didn’t so she created a friend. A friend she could talk to and seek advice. Tish is nobody, but Trisha answering to herself.”
It suddenly was so clear to Rahul. She was strong but she still felt needy when Vedant slapped her. Her different behaviors to the same thing. Her living isolated. ‘I am not me’ Tish’s text finally started making sense.
In case, someone will try to take her friend, she will strike back Rahul. There’s a possibility that Tish will, try to separate Trisha and you, even if she has to hurt Trisha for it. If you love her, you have to be patient.”
Dr. Mukherjee’s words gave Rahul a chill down his spine. ‘What if Tish tries to kill Trisha? I have to save her.’



Will Tish kill Trisha? Was this really just a dream? What will happen when Trisha will try to protect Tish? Will this truth, be an end of Rahul and Trisha's fairytale?
Find out in the next chapter.




ANNOUNCEMENT TO MAKE: I'm doing another ASK ME session, but this time it will be an ASK ME ABOUT MYSELF session, because this time I got more questions relating to my personal life. So, in case you have any question, feel free to text me on the Facebook page or mention me in a tweet with your question, but, I'll prefer if you'll just submit your questions here.

8 comments