// -->

STORY: LIKE A FAIRYTALE - Chapter 4 - Love struck.


“Do you still love her?”
“I can’t stop it even if I want to.”
“But you have to stop, she is gone.”
“She isn’t, she never will. She stays with me every night. I meet her in my dreams every single night. She is mine and she will always be mine.”

*Past*

Have you ever had a dream that feels like reality?”
“Not actually. I like living in reality. Dreams are dreams, only reality is real. Ice cream?”
Dreams are dreams, the truth I knew but was unable to believe. That very moment when I danced with that man, it felt like I was with him, it felt like he was there but as soon as I opened my eyes, I was standing alone on that dance floor, there was no one to match my steps. ‘Maybe I am thinking too much, maybe I have to stop dreaming.’
The night ended with Daniel and I, exchanging numbers. He drove me home, kissed my cheek but I still was unable to stop thinking about Faith. I was stupid to think about a man from my dreams when there was a man with such a charming smile and those deep grey eyes, standing in front of me, standing in front of me-in reality.

*March 18, 2016*

I know new day, new place is all so exciting but there was something different about the morning that day. It was the first day of my new job and it all felt so… so different.
“Two coffees, please.”

Luckily, I made a friend the very first day of my job, which in reality was a very difficult thing for someone who once was known for her quiet nature. But I was a changed person and thus, making new friends was something I was good at.
“Two coffees and a sandwich?” The man in the canteen called after sometime.
I took the leave from Rajshree and went straight to the counter to collect my order.
“My order?”
“Ma’am sorry it will take some time.”
“But you just called for it.”
“Oh! Sorry ma’am that was someone else’s order.”

I turned back in disappointment, trying to take a glance at the man who stole my coffee but failed. Later the day, I found out that Daniel’s work place was in fact in the same building as mine.
We coordinated our work break and decided to meet in the cafeteria itself, so we could talk, or flirt and show-off in my case. Since, not everybody gets the chance to dance with a handsome man in a wedding, just a week ago.

I entered the elevator and reached for the buttons when a hand pressed the one with the destination I wanted to reach. I looked at my phone and waited for Daniel’s message and just as I looked at the screen again, it lit up. ‘I must tell you, you are looking beautiful today’ yes my face lit up too.
‘How do you know?’
A tap on my shoulder and I knew he was standing right behind me.
Before I could look back, the doors opened. And just as we walked out, away from the crowd I got a complete look at him. And damn, kill me if I am lying but that man couldn’t ever stop looking good. He was perfect.

He hugged me and even though it was a bit extra cozy for meeting someone you have only met once, I couldn’t stop myself from liking it. Handsome gentleman was the reason behind it, of course.
He held my hand and we entered the cafeteria. One look away from his face and I realized all the girls were staring at me and him. I suspected he really was the charmer, an eye-candy to be precise.
Every single second that Daniel and I spent together in the cafeteria, all I could notice was, was the number of women staring at him with their dreamy eyes. I was so proud at that moment, I was finally the one who caught attention from the guy who was the main attraction of almost every single women in that building.
I was a bit conscious and jealous of course, so I asked Daniel to take the stairs with me.
“Nobody takes the stairs.”
“I just found out and that’s why we are taking them.”
“Wow! What do you wanna do with me on the stairs? Will I be needing to scream for help? My throat isn’t feeling so good today.”
“Haha… no. I just thought we will get some Riva-Daniel time.”
“Cafeteria?”
“I couldn’t stop noticing all the girls who were staring at you.”
A long ‘oh’ followed by his reply “I am sorry if that discomforted you. I am really sorry.”
And with that my heart started dancing and my smile just couldn’t stop. “It’s alright. We have the stairs.”

After 3 floors I was left breathless, Daniel, when noticed my tiredness sat on the stairs abruptly.
“God! Lady will you stop? I am tired.”
I knew he wasn’t, I knew he said it because of me. “Okay, sir.”

3 minutes later, I don’t know how, I don’t know why, we ended up kissing each other. A moment ago we were talking about the last time we met and then we found ourselves kissing each other. Kissing each other as if there was no tomorrow, as if this kiss was all we had, as if we were in love.
It was my first kiss, maybe it really was that true love’s kiss.


Was Faith gone forever? Was this the new beginning of Riva's fairytale? But will Riva never meet Faith again? Or will she?

Continue reading Chapter 5.


2 comments