// -->

Poetry- Just so quiet.


So quiet in here yet not quite enough.
Voices around me are suffocating me,
slowly walking me to my fears.
Burdens, are what I’m dipping in,
In solitude, the poison I’m forced to drink.

So dark in here, I see no light around me,
Hope in my heart is not alive to bring me. Back.
I want to go up, I want to be free.

The wind surpassing, across my cheek,
A tender caress to please me.
I am not a bird, have you forgotten that?
I cannot fly, I ain't what I used to be.
I have changed so much, I keep faking now.
Acting strong and fierce, I have lied somehow.
I have proved so much that I am different from others,
This different brought with it, the difference from others.

How much fun does it sound, to be able to see the lies.
How heartbreaking it really is, to see they are pretending these likes.
I am done being mature, done being me,
It was all so better when I was just someone from the street.
I just wanna wear the mask yet again, like before.
I wanna hide behind it, escape from the shadows,
From my heart, my principles and all my fears,

I just want to be selfish, follow the herd, be a sheep.
I just want to be back to an average, not do any selfless deed.
I can’t lead, I have understood.
I can’t be the superior, letting others be the fools.
Walk over them as they worship me.
I am sorry but that's not who I am supposed to be.
I don't want to be better, I want to help everyone to be free.
But now, I quit. I quit living like me.







Sometimes all the responsibilities put you under the burden and make you pretend that you are strong even when you are not. You feel that your goodness is making you weaker and being a better person and thinking about everyone else is keeping you away from everyone. But please don't quit. If we all will quit who will save someone like us? It may pain today it may hurt you tomorrow but the day after that, you will shine and you will make others shine with you.

1 comments