// -->

10 Study Hacks To Make You Win Without Doing Anything.


As a student I had a really hard time concentrating on studies and I'm more than sure most of us still does.
I remember my 12th exams, that time when I used to sit with my books, trying to remember everything but na-ahh nothing used to happen. There are certain times when no matter how much you study or practice, nothing stays in your brain.
Yesterday, I got another question from a guy named Simon, asking me about what should he do when he can't study. It was kind of weird to be honest, I was't expecting such question but I'm glad someone asked me something other than relationships too.
I researched a lot and came up with 10 super easy study hacks that you can totally implement by doing almost nothing.

1. TAKE A WALK.

According to University of Illinois, a 20 minute walk before studying can improve your performance.
But yes, you have to stay focused that you have to study after that 20 minute.


2. IMAGINE AS YOU READ.

Usually when we read with concentration, our mind creates images according to the information it grasps. For example if you read or say the word 'apple' the image of an apple suddenly comes to your mind. 
So try to imagine stuff that you read, as when you are trying to remember what you've studied, images are the best source to recall everything.


3. Learn online.

Search internet, if you are person who likes to read, go for websites that can get you written notes on particular topics or you can use videos as well. GoConqr, Quizlet, Evernote are some sites that'll help you a lot, they provide notes, flashcards, quizzes and videos too. 


4. Do make hand notes.

Studying online definitely works, but you should never ignore making hand notes. It's time consuming but it's totally worth it. Saying this from personal experience, I used to study from books and used to end up writing stuff because writing helps us imagine the situation better, and imagining helps grasping information better.

5. Treat yourself.

Do a topic, eat a chocolate. Rewarding yourself after every topic that you learn, helps you being motivated. But remember not to treat yourself with a sneak peak on your phone, I'll suggest you  to keep it far far away.

6. USE COLORS.

While making hand notes use different colors for different things. For example, use a Red inked pen for Main headings, a black inked pen for sub-heading and blue inked pen for the description, that's the color scheme I used to follow but you can use whatever you like.
*USE A DIFFERENT COLOR FOR KEY WORDS OR IMPORTANT LINES*
What it really does is, it keeps you interested and is more appealing to eyes, which makes you want to study and also helps you in a last-minute revision.


7.OR JUST BE A TEACHER.

According to studies, or may be not by studies, I have no clue. I know this trick because I do this all the time and I even told this trick to some of my friends and it helped them as well. So, try to pretend as if you are teaching someone and voila! you are good to go with that topic.
Remember when you used to play teacher with your toys? Its time to play the game again. You can lose the toys if you want.


8. TAKE A BREAK AND RECALL EVERYTHING.

After completing 2 or 3 topics, take a 5 minute break from the book and recall whatever you've learnt so far. It'll help you remember everything better.


9. Give it a spritz.

Spraying a scent you aren't familiar with while studying, helps you remember what you've studied, the next time you spritz that scent.
Confused? Do this, spray some scent you don't usually use in your room and then study, then wear the same scent to some other place or your test, if you try to concentrate a bit, the topic you studied the time you smelled the scent, will be recalled in your mind.


10. GO TIMES NEW ROMAN.

While making computerized notes, use Times New Roman as it's the fastest and easiest to read and understand. Yes, I know I asked you to make handmade notes but in case you don't have time or efforts or interest you can make notes on your system, but try to make handmade one if you can.




I can bet these tricks will work because they worked with me as well so you have to try them with dedication. And yes one more tip *Put your cellphone away....PLEASE!!*


2 comments