// -->

Exhausted | Poetry


Photo by Žygimantas Dukauskas on Unsplash

I'm living in a phase,
where every feeling screams.
I try to act happy,
but they keep deceiving me.

I'm exhausted,
I feel so much pain,

I can't understand what is wrong,
everything feel just the same.

I howl in pain, biting every wound,
I look for people but does anyone really care?
Fake faces, so many lies,
There's someone waiting to stab you, behind the closed smiles.

Too much drama?
Have you ever tried to be me?
Try once, it's like living in a bad dream,
it won't matter how much you struggle, you just can't breathe.

Like you know the escape
but you are still so paralyzed.
Like you pray and pray,
but even God doesn't try.

It's a life where everybody expects so much,
sadness is, you can't escape from death's touch.
It's a life where you continuously fight to do the right,
Reality is, nobody want the truth, inside.

A life where you see yourself sacrificing for others,
knowing the reward will be "You only think about yourself".
A life where you learn "you have the control",
But saying something to a looker, means you soon will be forced.

Ever wondered how difficult it is to be a girl?
Seeing people gazing your bust.
Now imagine if she is an intelligent one,
Oh leave it, you ego has already imagined she is a slut.

I wish things were so simple,
I wish nothing ever mattered.
I wish things were easy,
or at least I wasn't so shattered.

Who am I escaping?
Those shameless stares, your thousand lies.
Is that working?
Oh! I wish I could have at least for once, denied.



Currently in such a phase when every single thing is upsetting me.
I am exhausted. I thought excessive work will keep me away from things that are troubling me, but 5 days of dismal sleep I can't understand what is wrong, because everything feels like it.
If this poem seem extremely bad, I am sorry it wasn't supposed to be here, I wrote it in my diary this morning because I was really frustrated. It's here because somebody thought it's relatable for those too who can't say it, just can write it in a secret space.
If you can relate, share it and let people know what you feel and how difficult it is to be you.

13 comments