// -->

FIREWOOD- A Tribute To Healthcare Workers | Poetry


They said to me-
The wood burns, the ashes remains.
It's dark and rust,
it exists but is useless.
Why do you want to be useless?

I am the wood, I answered.
Ashes are what will become of me.
For all I care today and right now is
I will be the warmth when your day is cold.
I will give life to what is about to die.

It's okay, I will burn
and turn to ashes. I will be grey,
But I shall ignite the fire in you.
I will give life to a soul that is dead.
I will melt the snow to bring that spring day again.

***

Inspired by the healthcare workers doing their best to save us from this pandemic.
I hope everyone is safe and protected. Please stay home and please take care of yourself. 
Currently writing on Instagram id @PoemsByAazaad. Sorry guys, it's been too long I know but things have been really troubling. I'll get back on the blog soon but till then, I hope you support me amd stay connected on my new I
nstagram page @PoemsByAazaad
I am counting on you guys. 🖤

0 comments