// -->

A Prisoner | Poetry



My love is a curse to us.
I was so scared to not have you
that when you came close,
I pulled you in the chambers and locked out the room.
We parted ways
But I never let you go.
I never stepped out either.

What I called love,
Were spears to our identities.
Slowly, I formed a cage around you.
I thought I was stopping you,
But all I did was lock you in a prison.
I lost myself
And asked you to do it too.
So absorbed in fantasies,
The world in my mind looked so wide and free.
I forgot to open my eyes and see
that you never wanted to live in my fantasy world.

I understand now.
I understand that I never wanted it too.
I am sorry.
But can a sorry ever give back what I took from you?
I took your freedom.
Like I took mine.
Eyes closed, the world was so beautiful.
So beautiful but never true.
Can I fix it?
Can I fix all that I did?

I'll break the cage, but maybe I can't fix your wounded heart.
So, go.
I set you free.
And then I will go,
roaming in the woods and the places I belong.
I've set you free and now I will let myself find my freedom.
But don't be hurt, for on some days, I know
I'll look up in the sky and call for you.
Smile at me and wave back.
I know it's difficult but understand me.
I've let you go, but the love still stays.

Have I messed up too much?
Can love ever bloom again?
It's been a long autumn,
Will spring be back
After the winter fades away?
But to be honest,
I don't want to know.
I don't want to know if this love is over,
Or when we'll meet again.
For what is meant to happen,
will happen some day.
It will be what will be.

I will be what I am meant to be.
You will be, what you wish to be.
Us, was always you and I and not just us.
I remembered too late.
I forgot who I was, all I knew was you.
And you saw it.
If you hadn't said, I wouldn't have know.
I kept asking you to save me,
But I should have just saved myself.
So, I will save myself now.
And you must save you.
Our stars are aligned for us to shine.
I was never the rose on your planet.
We were two whole stars meant to shine as bright as we could.

내가 당신을 자유롭게 했어요.
죄송합니다. 우리의 행복이 우리 안에 것을 이해하는 데 너무 오래 걸렸습니다.
하지만 이제 나는 압니다.

- Megha Sharma

0 comments