// -->

An Ode To The Wind Rises | Poetry

To my love that felt like the wind,

It takes a lifetime to find someone to love
and for someone to love you.
"She was beautiful as the wind".
Wrenching heart, shivering hands
clenched in fists to hold onto you.
I can't see you. I can't touch.
The only thing I can do, is to breathe you in one more time.
Feel your warmth before the weather change,
I love you.
Sun rays to my heart, you were so warm.
Like dandelions, you fly to me.
It wasn't your wish to the spring, that we met.
We met,
because I longed for you every single day
since the day we first met.
I said I won't let go of your hand,
but I remember I also said that I'll wait for you.
This life wasn't enough for us.
But we'll meet again.
I'll survive this one,
and then come for you.
Wait for me.
My calendar is still stuck at January.
It will take some time, but I won't be too late.
When my Spring will come, we'll meet again.
I'll find you when you are lost.
So save my hat one more time
when the wind rises again.
Just like this life, we'll meet again.
I'll love you and you'll love me too.


This poem is inspired by the Ghibli movie, The Wind Rises. It's one of my favorite movies. I was always hesitant to watch it. I know well that I can't take love stories where people does not end up together. But this made me so overwhelmed that the moment I finished the movie, I wanted to write. 

I wonder, with love like that can we really say there was no happy ending?

0 comments