// -->

LIKE A FAIRYTALE- Chapter 6. Haunted.



Minnesten.”
What? What stone is that? Let me google it.
I already have Raj. Nothing like this exists. How do I know this name? And why was Nivant giving me that pendant?”
'Isn’t that stone the same as the one Nivant’s ring have?’ Daniel’s message made the situation even more confusing.
‘What? You gave me that how will I know if that stone is the one on Nivant’s ring as well. What’s the name of this gem btw?’ Riva texted back.
‘I gave you that? No.’
‘But it was in my bag. You told me you’ve put something in my bag. If you haven’t given me this, who else did?’
‘Maybe your mom. And I haven’t sent you this, I asked your mom to put my letter in your bag. Haven’t found it yet?’
‘A letter? No. I dozed off after sending you the picture. I’ll check it. I have to go right now, I have a meeting. Talk to you soon.’
It wasn’t a puzzle, it was a treasure hunt. Pieces weren’t given to Riva to assemble, the pieces were hidden somewhere deep in her memory. The memory which never existed, but only for her.
Riva wore the necklace regardless of all the suspense that was behind it because she wanted to find out the connection between the pendant and Nivant.
Riva was sitting on one of the chair in conference room with Rajshree beside her.
“You wore it?”
“I had no option, I have to find out what is happening.” Riva’s eyes were searching for Nivant and he did not failed her expectations, he entered the room with his coat wrapped around his arm, Riva was unable to look at the ring. She kept staring at his hand when Raj stopped her from doing so.
Riva finally looked at Nivant’s face, it was so familiar that throughout the meeting all that Riva had in her mind were the pictures from the dream that she had last night. She needed answers, so, at the end of the meeting, she decided to follow Nivant. She walked behind him as a shadow but then, he just disappeared. Within just a blink he was gone, he disappeared from a corridor with a closed end. Riva couldn’t process, and how could she? What will you do if someone who was walking right in front of you, will just disappear like that?

She was terrified. There was no one in the corridor at that moment, the lights dimmed and the place turned cold. 20 minutes later, when she opened her eyes, she found out that she fainted in the corridor. Nivant took her to the first aid room.
“But he wasn’t there. I mean, I mean he was but he disappeared. How did he? What is?” Riva was shivering out of fear, her voice was trembled and she was unable to understand anything.
“What are you talking about Riva? Nivant was in the cafeteria after the meeting. I was sitting right in front of him. He asked me to join and thanked me for returning his ring. He was there with me all that time. We found you on the floor only when we were returning. And that too only because we were near the elevator and Nivant had a call. He was the one who saw you on the floor. Do you know nobody go to that side of the corridor? People say that place is haunted. I don’t know what you were doing there.” Raj said holding Riva’s hand in concern.
“But I saw him. He was there. I followed him after the meeting and then I felt something in my eyes, when I opened my eyes he wasn’t there. He just disappeared, the place was so cold.”
“You were shivering when Nivant found you. Look I don’t know what happened but maybe you were hallucinating or something, it must have been stress and travelling stuff. Just please rest and hey, please just be careful. Don’t go there again.”
“Hmm… I think I should say thank you to Nivant for bringing me here.” Though Riva acted like she agreed but the question still wasn’t solved in her mind. If she was hallucinating, how did it all felt so real? How did she passed out? And when nobody go to that corridor, why did Nivant went there? “What was Nivant doing in the corridor?”
“Oh come on! The elevator is just next to that corridor, he had an important call and hence, couldn’t take a chance with network and you already know how good networks are in lift. He went there because there was some construction work going on on the other side of the corridor and there was too much voice. I did warned him to not go there but he said he doesn’t believe in all this and is either ways going only to the corner. When he was returning he saw you lying in the way of one of the room.”
“But I didn’t see any elevator. What is wrong?” Riva’s body was cold, she was sweating out of fear. She was unable to understand anything that was happening in her life.
A day before today, she was happy. She felt as if everything was going right and now, nothing was. 

Same day, 2 am in the night.

Riva woke up from her sleep screaming.
“What happened? Are you alright?” Rajshree asked in a sleepy voice. “Bad dream?”
“Yeah maybe. I can’t remember it. You go back to sleep I am fine.” Riva answered as she put her feet on the ground.
“Where are you going?”
“Water. I want water. There’s no water in the bottle.”
“Oh okay.”
Riva stood up on her feet and tried to open her eyes. Her heart almost reached her throat when she opened her eyes properly. She was left paralyzed. She tried to scream but there was no voice, she tried to sit but couldn’t move.

She saw a younger herself sitting on the floor with her head in her hands. Younger her, was crying vigorously and then, a boy almost blurred sat beside her and looked at the crying girl. The girl cried and cried and then, she extended her arm towards Riva…


Was Riva really hallucinating everything? Then how did she reached the corridor which is said to be haunted? And how did she fainted?
Was it her hallucination or was she being possessed?


The story is currently on a break. I will update new chapters very soon and edit the whole story arch line too and make it better. Sorry for inconvenience and thank you for reading it.
Sorry for cutting the story short however, there are many other stories on the blog that I know you will love. Please do take a look. Also, on a personal suggestion, try CURSE it's the same genre and it's the first place holder of a competition.

12 comments