// -->

An open letter to the two mothers in our life. Happy Mother's Day, Mum!

You might think why I am writing this so late, but all good things take time.
I have so many things to say to both my mothers, one of them won't be able to read it since, I am not going to read this all because well, emotional like that I can only write I can't read.

My mother is a housewife and not a really modern one, "a simple housewife" as she say. A simple one? Not really, having to not get the opportunity to study enough you taught me whenever I needed. You taught me better than so many of my teachers and I am so glad you did.

Dear maa, I know you feel the pressure around all those modern mothers who speak super fluent english but trust me, neither of them have kids like you and kids like us can only be made when we have a mother like you. You've beaten me a lot, like seriously so much but I am glad you did, at the place that I am today I am here because of you. Thank you for being so proud and teaching us all the good things in life, thank you for being so honest and noble to everyone because if it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have been a Jhansi ki Rani. I love you even when I fight with you and though I know you don't show me your love like you show to di, you love just equally.

Dear di, my second mother, you are that one person everybody in our family loved. That one person I could hate but you never let me do that because while everybody loved you that much, you loved me twice more. While maa was the one putting me in the barriers to be free (because she was afraid) you
helped me fly and learn and fall because you were always there to pick me up. You are my idol, everybody taunted you and made you feel you can't do things but you proved them all wrong and shattered their arrogance on their face, maybe you never realized because you were just so sweet to everyone, but you were a badass. I know you always mention this but I never say it in front of you but you definitely is one of the most important people in my life, when I count my top 5 you are always the first person that comes to my mind. When everybody in the world left me, you stayed by my side, you couldn't understand me I won't lie by saying you did, but you tried and in that position, no one could even I couldn't. More than mummy, you were the actual protective figure in our family and lets not forget I was the first reason why you fought to someone. You never noticed but I was always afraid to let you go, because I was just always in the shadows and you were the only one to show me the way by being a flashlight but then you got married and suddenly, I was all on my own, somehow your perfection really irritates me because I always have to hear, "Badi ko dekho aur ise dekho" from everyone but I guess it never is going to matter because no matter how far we'll go, we'll always love each other. Thank you for being so strong and so badass, thank you for letting me choose what I wanna be, for letting be believe that I can.
P.S. I love you.

0 comments