// -->

If We Could Go Back In Time | Poetry

Photo by Claudio Schwarz on Unsplash

If we could go back in time,
What was the exact moment where it all started?
When should I have hold on to my hand?
When should I have let go?

But what if,
what if nothing had changed even then?
What if all of it does
and the butterfly effect will only bring chaos?

When did I forget who I am?
When did I lose myself?

I am running ever since my eyes saw where I was.
Every side I run, I always hit a wall.
I am cornered even when I can see
a whole vast universe in front of me.

Why? Why can't I cross over?
A single string is the difference between
hope and despair.
And yet, I can't cross it because I don't know how to.

But I can't give up.
I can't give up on my dreams.

I thought I know this now.
But perhaps, I don't even know myself anymore.
I need me. I need to break this wall.
I need to go to the other side.

0 comments